Thanks for visiting the Planteria Group website. This policy explains the what, how and why of the information we collect when you visit our website or you use our Services. It also explains the specific ways we use and disclose that information. We want to make it clear, we take your privacy extremely seriously, and we never sell your data for sales or marketing use. Our aim is to be as clear and open as possible about what we do and why.
Planteria Group (UK) Limited, Company No. 7201747
Mill Pond Nurseries, Mill Road, Henham CM22 6AA
Tel: 0345 505 3333
Our Data Protection Coordinator: Brian Anderson
Contact email address: email@example.com
We aim to respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the confidentiality of your personal information. Our aim is to be as clear and open as possible about what we do and why, which is why we go in-depth below to explain what we collect, send and use your data for and what your rights are.
These definitions should help you understand this policy and add clarity to any terms/labels we use. When we say “we,” “us,” “our” and “Planteria Group” we are referring to Planteria Group Limited. We are incorporated in England and Wales. Planteria provide planting, live and artificial, and plant maintenance services to corporate organisations who have offices or multi-sites throughout the UK. We provide weekly fresh flowers across Greater London and a decorated Christmas Tree Service for most major Cities in the UK. We also partner with FM service providers, and Design and Fit Out companies to provide a sub-contracting service for them to offer an additional service to their clients.
When we say “Customer or Client,” we are referring to the person or entity that has a contract with us to use the Service. With regards to “Service” we are referring to our products and physical services, like plant rental, maintenance and floristry. When we say “you,” we are referring either to a Customer or to some other person who visits our Website.
- Questions, Concerns & Contact Information
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete or change any Personal Information we hold, or you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please contact us through the following ways:
Data Protection Coordinator: Brian Anderson
Post: Planteria Group (UK) Limited, Mill Pond Nurseries, Mill Road, Henham CM22 6AA.
Phone: 0345 505 3333
General email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We process your personal data primarily on the basis of Legitimate Interest as a business, but only if necessary for the purpose we collected it for. We will also process data on the basis of contractual and transactional obligation where necessary. We may process your data for;
- Sales and marketing activities such as calls, emails and other types of communications
- Understanding how you interact with the website and social media
- Account activity such as, email, written and verbal communications and agreements
- Financial activity, such as billing communications
- To perform obligations under a contract with you or a business you may work for
We will only store your data for as long as we need it to undertake any of the processes listed above.
5. How we Collect Information About You
a. About You: When you sign up for and use the website or Service, consult with our customer service team, send us an email, post on our blog, or communicate with us in any way, you are voluntarily giving us information that we collect.
c. IP address lookup: We use third parties to provide information about visitors to our websites. When you visit our website we will record your IP address. This address will be matched against public and proprietary IP address databases to provide us with information about your visit. This information may identify the organisation to whom the IP address is registered but not individuals. In some limited cases i.e. single person companies, it may be possible to identify personal data from publicly available ICANN data.
d. Cookies, tracking & beacons: We may use various technologies to collect and store information when you use our website or Service, and this may include using cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as pixels and web beacons, to analyse trends, administer the website, track users’ movements around the website and Service, serve targeted advertisements, and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Cookies/tracking: Cookies allow us to provide important site functionality, so you don’t have to re-enter lots of information. They also allow us to remember what links and pages have been clicked or viewed during a session. If you have provided us with personal data, completing a contact form for example, we may associate this personal data with other information. This will allow us to identify and record what is most relevant to you. By using your browser controls, you are always in control of the cookies we store and access on your computer. More information on how to control cookies and limit personal data processing can be found at youronlinechoices.com . For comprehensive information on how to change your cookie settings in a wide variety of different web browsers, visit aboutcookies.org
Please note you might continue to receive generic ads.
Planteria’s main cookies:
Google Analytics Cookies: Google Analytics is a website monitoring tool that allows users to see volumes of website visitors, their source, and to analyse how the content of their website is viewed and navigated. This in turn allows optimisation of the content and pages and the marketing programs that drive traffic to the website. Google Analytics does not store any personal information about website visitors, but does use persistent cookies to identify repeat visitors. You may universally opt-out of all Google Analytics tracking used by all websites by visiting the following url https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
This information is used by CommuniGator to profile website visitors, in order to better understand the way in which our website content is viewed by different segments. It is also used, for example, to identify the types of organisations that might be interested in our services.
Email Marketing Post-Click Tracking Cookies: These cookies are used to report on the pages that have been viewed by visitors to the site who have followed links from our email marketing campaigns. This analysis helps us to understand additional content that is viewed by the contacts in our database and therefore allows us to improve and tailor future campaigns to those contact’s specific areas of interest.
Beacons/Pixels: On our website and in our emails we use web beacons. When we send emails to Customers, we may track behaviour such as who opened the emails, who clicked the links and which pages of our website they have visited.
This allows us to measure the performance of our email campaigns and to improve our Service and website. To do this, we include single pixel, also called web beacons, in emails we send. Web beacons allow us to collect information about when you open the email, your IP address, your browser or email client type, and other similar details.
e. Data sources: Other than the aforementioned ways of obtaining data (form fills on the website, cookies, verbal and written) we may obtain information about you from third party sources, such as public databases, data service companies, social media platforms, third party data providers and our joint marketing partners. We take steps to ensure that such third parties are legally permitted or required to disclose such information to us.
Examples of the information we may receive from other sources include: demographic information, device information (such as IP addresses), location, email address, contact number, technographics, and online behavioural data (such as information about your use of social media websites, page view information, and search results and links). We use this information, alone or in combination with other information (including Personal Information) we collect, to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing and content to you and to develop and provide you with more relevant products features, and services.
f. Who will see your data: Your data will only be seen and used by employees of Planteria Group. We operate a role-based access policy for personal data. What this means, is that an employee will only have access to personal data, if they need that access to do their job. We do not share the personal data of prospects or clients with any third parties.
We may disclose Personal Information and use personal data acquired from and provided by yourself to fulfil any of your requests and to send you appropriate and useful communications.
A copy of our legitimate interests ‘balancing test’ is available on request as part of our commitment to managing your information rights. Please use the details at the start of the page to request this.
We use your data for the following purposes:
a) To promote use of our products and services to you. For example, if we collect your Personal Information when you visit our website and do not sign up for any of the Service, we may send you an email informing you of our range of services and products and editorial articles relating to them. If you use any of our Service or website and we think you might benefit from using another part of the Service we offer, we may send you an email about that. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the opt-out link included in every marketing campaign email we send.
7. Types of communications: By processing your Personal Information under Legitimate Interest, you will receive any specific piece(s) of information you requested, as well as allowing us to send you appropriate and useful communications, this includes but is not limited to; invitations to our industry leading events, our latest assets (whitepapers, guides, reports, infographics, videos and case studies) and promotional offers on products and seasonal services. We would also like to keep you abreast of the charity events and initiatives we partake in. If you are a Customer of Planteria Group, you will also receive monthly product updates. These updates will highlight new trends, products and projects we have worked on. At any time, you can completely unsubscribe/opt-out of our marketing by clicking the opt-out link in any emails you receive from us. The link will always be in the footer of the email.
We may also communicate with you under the following circumstances;
- Bottom of Form
- To bill and collect money owed to us by our Customers. This includes sending you emails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency, and alerting you if we need a different credit card number. We use third parties for secure debit and/or credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and credit card payments.
- To communicate with our Customers about their account and provide customer support.
- To enforce compliance with our, Terms & Conditions and applicable law.
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
We do not disclose any personal information obtained about you from this website to third parties except when we need to do so in order to complete the transaction – e.g. when arranging for a courier company to deliver goods that you have ordered. We may also use the information to keep in contact with you and inform you of developments associated with our business. You will be given the opportunity to remove yourself from any mailing list or similar device. If at any time in the future we should wish to disclose information collected on this website to any third party, it would only be with your knowledge and consent.
We may from time to time provide information of a general nature to third parties – for example, the number of individuals visiting our website or completing a registration form, but we will not use any information that could identify those individuals.
a) Blog. We have public blogs on our website. Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your Personal Information appears on our blogs and you want it removed, contact on the information provided at the start of this page. If we are unable to remove your information, we will tell you why.
b) Social media platforms and widgets. Our website includes social media features, such as the Facebook Like button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. We also maintain presences on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
10. Email Marketing and eshots
We use a third-party provider, Mailchimp, to deliver our e-newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see Mailchimp’s privacy notice.
You have certain rights given to you by law, that means you have an amount of control over your personal data that we process.
- Access to Your Personal Data: This right allows you to confirm that your personal data is being processed and to allow you to check if the processing is lawful.
- Correcting Any Mistakes: The right of rectification allows you to instruct an organisation that is processing your personal data, to rectify any mistakes.
- Right to be Forgotten: You have the right to instruct an organisation to erase your personal data in certain circumstances such as withdrawal of consent when consent was basis of collection, no longer necessary for purposes collected or no overriding legitimate grounds.
- Stop Processing: The right to stop the processing of your personal data when accuracy is contested, processing is unlawful or data is no longer needed by Data Controller.
- Moving Data: The right to data portability means that under certain circumstances you will be able to ask for your personal data to be transferred from one organisation to another.
- Right to Object to Direct Marketing: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing.
- Object to Profiling: Under certain circumstances, you are able to object to profiling and/or automated decision making.
Right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO): If you are not happy with an aspect of how Planteria Group are processing your data, you can lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority, which is the ICO. (www.ico.org.uk)
Before it gets to that situation, please make sure you contact Our Data Protection Coordinator: Brian Anderson Contact email address: email@example.com if you wish to exercise any of your rights or if you have any questions about the processing of your personal data.
Although we never sell your data, we may disclose Personal Information to the following types of third parties for the purposes described in this policy. The only Personal Information we share is your email address. We do not share any other information.
Security and Compliance
If a security breach causes an unauthorised access into our system that materially affects you, then Planteria Group will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
Our servers and offices are located in the United Kingdom, so your information is stored in England and is not transferred to, stored, or processed outside the EU or United States. We recommend you check with your other providers as their data protection, privacy, and other laws (such as the United States) might not be as comprehensive as those in the UK/EU.